Blue star homestay is located in a village setting of Sipi falls, in the foothills of Mount Elgon National park. It is a family of four, a couple with two kids. The home offers three rooms with a capacity of three beds a night. The family has a small backyard farm with goat’s cows and chicken. The crops grown include bananas, vegetables and coffee from which you will be shown how to farm, harvest, and roast to prepare the coffee drink. From the farm, the family makes own coffee so that guests can be treated to a fresh organic cup of coffee any time.
For safety and privacy, the homestay is surrounded by a wooden fence with a lockable gate. The home is lit by hydro power, connected on running water and wireless Television. Guests can charge their gadgets within their rooms and have the liberty to watch TV news or sports in the living room on request.
The activities you can participate in within the village, during your stay include the coffee making experience, rock climbing and abseiling on Sipi falls, Sipi falls walk and the village cultural experiences. Moses, the host can also organize Mount Elgon National park trekking trips and other community experiences on request.
- Each walk takes 2-3 hours basing on the pace of the trekkers.
- Harvesting and roasting coffee to make a coffee drink at home
- Learning the local way of life from the family members
- Working on the farm with the family or walking around the village neighborhood.
What to bring:
- Walking shoes
- Layers and water proof / Wind jacket (weather is changeable)
- Insect repellent
- Hat and sun cream
- Cash for tips and gift purchases
- Drinks and snacks can be purchased at the area
- Binoculars and camera
- Plastic bag to protect cameras etc.
- Walking stick will be provided at the starting point.
You can book your stay at Blue star home stay through this website at no additional cost. Uganda trip provides you the gateway to all parts of Uganda’s parks, landscapes and communities. We are happy to organize your visit, arrange your transportation to Mount Elgon area or provide more information about Blue Star homestay experience.