Mgahinga Community campground is located at the gate of Mgahinga Gorilla national park. The campground belongs to the local community under the umbrella Mgahinga community development organisation (MCDO). The generated income and benefits is channeled for the development of the community living near the park.
The park activities here include; gorilla tracking trips, volcano climbing, golden monkey and other primates tracking, forest and other nature walks inside the park.
- Banda accommodation and camping ground
- Community cave tours
- Restaurant services
- Handicrafts sales
- Walks take from two to four hours
- Viewing or walking in the terrace as you head to the caves or just walking in the village.
- Beautiful vies and scenery of the volcanoes and farms in special patterns
- Trekking to the top of the volcanoes as you enjoy the scenery over the extended volcano chains.
- Tracking the mountain gorillas in one of the most beautiful volcanic scenery
What to bring:
- Walking shoes or boots as it can get muddy
- Insect repellent
- Hat and sun cream
- Layers and water proof jackets
- Cash for tips and gift purchases
- Drinks and snacks can be purchased
- Binoculars and camera
- Plastic bag to protect cameras etc.
For your trip to or around Mgahinga Gorilla National park, we can book you the accommodation or any activities of Mgahinga community campground. For any more information about Mgahinga Gorilla National park. Please contact us at Uganda trip and we will provide you the required assistance.