Ruhija Gorilla friends resort is a lodge located near Bwindi impenetrable national park. This lodge is owned and run by the local community and is a favorite of many people tracking the gorillas through Ruhija gate. The lodge is close to the park gate and guests are able to walk to the gorilla briefing point. Ruhija gorilla friends resort provides affordable accommodation in categories of rooms, safari tents and camping. They have both self contained and none self contained options. The restaurant on site provides meals and most of the guest who stay here during their gorilla trip have found the lodge quite reliable. besides the accommodation and meals, the lodge organizes community experiences such as traditional dances and community guided tours.
The GPS coordinate of Ruhija gorilla friends resort is; -1.04059, 29.77692
The park activities here include; Gorilla trekking, forest walks and primate tours. The gorilla groups at this gate are Bitukura, Oruzogo and Kyaguriro.
- Accommodation in tents, Bandas and camping ground
- Ruhija community village walks
- Handicrafts production and sale
- Community traditional dance
- Walks take from two to four hours
- Traditional dance takes from 30 minutes to one hour or more on request
- The view of the mountain gorilla forests from the room or restaurant balcony
- Walking in the lush forest, home to the gorillas
- Mixing freely with the community during the village activities
What to bring:
- Walking shoes or boots as it can get muddy
- Insect repellent
- Hat and sun cream
- Layers and water proof jackets (climate is changeable)
- Cash for tips and gift purchases
- Drinks and snacks can be purchased
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Plastic bag to protect cameras etc
For your trip to or around Bwindi Impenetrable National park, Rainforest and community tours can book you the accommodation or any activities. We can also arrange transport to any destination around Uganda. Please contact us at Uganda trip and we shall quickly be of help.