Rwenjeru community campsite is located near Lake Mburo National park, on the road to Katengyeto gate. It is a community of cattle keepers and their livelihoods rotate around cows with little supplementary farming income. the common cows are the traditional Ankole long horned cattle and the cows here are given names like any other members of the family. During the visit to Rwenjeru community, the local guide will take you on a cattle keeping tour showing you how they tend to their cows; giving them water, singing for them, setting fire for them or calling each one of them by name.
The park activities here include; a boat cruise, game drive, nature walks, sport fishing and overnight treks over the hills in Lake Mburo national park.
- Guest house with self-contained rooms
- Camping accommodation
- Cow watering experience
- Organic foods demonstration
- traditional bear brewing
- Cow watering tour takes from 1-2 hours
- Dressing in a cattle keepers costume and tending to the cows like one of the locals
- Farming, cooking and eating freshly growing organic foods
- Spacious camping with great scenery over the gentle hills of the area
What to bring:
- Walking shoes or boots as it can get muddy
- Insect repellant
- Hat and sun cream
- Layers and water proof jackets (climate is changeable)
- Cash for tips and gift purchases
- Drinks and snacks can be purchased
- Binoculars for bird watching
- Plastic bag to protect cameras etc
For your trip to or around Lake Mburo national park, we can book you the accommodation or any activities of this community. We can also arrange transport to any destination around Uganda. For any more information about Lake Mburo National park and Rwenjeru campsite, please contact us through this website.